Saturday, August 30th, 2025
Home »Telecommunication » Pakistan » Talks on PTCL deal continuing

Privatisation Minister Dr Abdul Hafeez Shaikh has said that talks with Etisalat for PTCL deal are continuing and the two sides are all out for a positive outcome. The minister said this when, after KESC handing over, media persons asked him to give details of Privatisation Commission-Etilsalat ongoing talks.

The minister suggested that instead PTCL, the media should focus on KESC, which itself was a big deal and good news for Pakistan and its people.

When the newsmen insisted for ''the latest'' on the issue, he just repeated his statement, saying: "The two sides are continuing the talks to take them to some logical conclusion."

He did not respond to questions regarding Privatisation Commission delegation''s visit to UAE for another round of talks with Etisalat management.

So far, PC and Etisalat have held three rounds of talks on PTCL sell-off: two in UAE, and one in Islamabad. At the end of the third round, held in Islamabad some two weeks ago, the two sides had announced to have another round soon.

The two sides had expressed hope for "positive outcome" from the ''fourth round'', to be held in UAE.

Copyright Business Recorder, 2005


the author

Top
Close
Close